Thursday, April 28, 2011

New Ideas, A Big Head, Awesome Friends and Lions

After sending a few emails back and forth with a good friend of mine, it was suggested that I start a blog. Now, I don't know about you, but when someone says that I have something worth writing about it or talking about it tends to make me very prideful. For instance, this past week I have been learning a lot from God and making a few observations about the bible that may be closer to or further from the truth than I am aware. However, after being told that I should write a blog I started trying to come up with spiritual principles so that I could look wise. God blocked my path and opened my eyes up to that very quickly.

I just finished reading the book In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day. One thing that was pointed out to me by a friend this last week and was reinforced when I read it is, "If you're not willing to look foolish, You're Foolish." I talked to another friend yesterday about being foolish. It was surprising to hear that this guy, who for all the time I have known him, has been very outgoing, used to be extremely introverted. He told me that he had the opportunity to get to know a different group of people and decided that he would throw caution to the wind and possibly make a fool out of himself. Now he is a great friend who is outgoing and is very easy to talk to.

I considered a few reasons why I should or should not start this blog. One of the big things was that I didn't want to look foolish. And I have decided that for that very reason, I will start this blog. We will see where this goes.

1 comment: