Thursday, July 19, 2012

If Jesus is my Lord...

I need to stop acting like he is my servant
I need to stop treating him like my genie
I need to start coming to Him, hearing his words AND doing them
I need to stop getting upset at him when he does not do my will while I ignore his


Luke 6:46-49

46 “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you? 47 Everyone who comes to me and hears my words and does them, I will show you what he is like: 48 he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when a flood arose, the stream broke against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built. 49 But the one who hears and does not do them is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. When the stream broke against it, immediately it fell, and the ruin of that house was great.”

How often do we call Jesus, "Lord, Lord" and not do what he tells us? How foolish is that? It is even more foolish than to go to an engineer asking for his help on how to build a house, and then ignoring his advice because it is too time consuming or difficult or because we think that we know better than him.

 and the ruin of that house was great.
All because that man neglected to do what he had heard Jesus tell him to do.

God deserves our obedience. As if we need more reason, it is in our best interest to obey Him.

It does not take an active decision of disobedience to be like the second man. All it takes is neglecting to do what you are called to do.

Three simple steps to living your life wisely.
  • COME To God
  • HEAR His Words
  • DO What He Tells You
The only difference between the first man and the second is that the second man neglected to do what he had heard. Both came to Jesus, both heard his words. Only one did what he had heard. Which man are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment